Old Town Copper Center Inn and Restaurant (formerly Copper Center Lodge) is a family owned and operated business since 1948. The original historic lodge burned down in May of 2012 leaving all of the historic outbuildings still intact. Tom and Kim Huddleston reinvented the business by opening their new restaurant in the old Club 98 building that had been recently remodeled. They have added a menu of beer and wine to the great menu they already had.
The new business currently has 4 new rooms offered to travelers who wish to enjoy the majestic surroundings of the Wrangell Mountains and famous Copper and Klutina rivers located in their back yard. Many activities are enjoyed around Old Town Copper Center such skiing, hiking, fishing, hunting, sightseeing, birding and much more. Old Town Auto and the George Ashby Museum are also a part of Old Town Copper Center.
For more history and fun facts such as the long-held belief that ghosts haunted the lodge. Seethe Alaska Magazine’s May 2019article, “The Many Lives of The Old Town Copper Center Inn,” on the Local History Page.